GP1870F + iPad + Plan2Nav = ?????

A

Anonymous

I'm trying to get an iPad running v9.1 to communicate with Plan2Nav into a GP1870F. Everything has been updated to the latest available version. I've followed all instructions to the letter, tried with 2 iPads, one iPhone (4S) and 2 different GP1870's. I've also had another user with similar equipment do all the same as myself on his gear with no luck either. The iPad wifi sees the Activated GP1870F and connects to it but in the CONNECTED DEVICE field it never shows IOS DEvice, only no connection. Has anyone had any success ever making these 2 things talk to each other? Suggestions?

When the GP1870F first went Wi-Fi (software upgrade), I tested it and it worked fine. I will set one up soon and trying it again. Issues tend to pop up when Apple changes the operating system. (beyond our control) We seen this with some of the TZT apps when customers updated to iOS 9. I hazard a guess if you tried an older iOS device it would still work fine. Sometimes it pays not to be the first one to field test Apple's newest iOS.

the customer is using an iPhone 4S with iOS v7.12, and I'm running v9.12 so I don't think it's an old versus new version problem.

We tested this and it works. We are running iOS 9.21. It is not automatic, you have to select the chart link button on the P2N app. Maybe you missed doing that? The instructions have to be followed very closely.

Back