MFD 12

A

Anonymous

My son in law is bringing me a slightly used Furuno MFD 12 unit from Australia ( to Florida). A few questions for those who have one:

What is the best charting software as I assume I'll need to install charts for US. Recommendations for a transom transducer? We operate in the Keys and probably won't go much beyond 150 in depth - using the transducer for recreational fishing - fyi not looking for a lot of bells and whistles. Lastly, it's not clear online whether this unit has an internal or external antenna.

Captain-
You could load the free NOAAA Raster or Vector charts from our website. There are also Jeppesen Charts and Fishing charts available that require a pay for unlock code.

But before you load charts you will probably need to do a software upgrade. This is also available on our website with instruction.

I would recommend our 525STID-PWD transom transducer to meet your needs, but your post does not mention that one of our sounder modules will be coming from Australia also. There is no internal sounder, (or GPS), in the NavNet MFD12.

I would suggest that you contact one of our authorized dealers in the Keys to help you with this. You can find them by clicking the "Find a Dealer" link in the upper right of our website, www.furunousa.com

Back