FactoryOutletStore.com

A

Anonymous

Hi I am new member. I just ordered a GP1670F from what I thought was a Furuno authorized outlet store "FurunoOutletStore.com". The order process made me uneasy for some reason. Is this a legitimate dealer?

Thanks,
John

No, they are not an authorized dealer or outlet store. A complete list of authorized Furuno dealers can be found on our website dealer locator. Here is a link:
http://www.furunousa.com/Support/DealerLocator.aspx

However, there are a number of "resellers" out there who buy through legitimate distribution channels and then create a website. In fact you will find this same group as the "XXXX" (fill in the blank) factory outlet store.

Thanks Melville. I was afraid of that. I will post when or if I receive the equipment ordered. Maybe it is legitimate, but I checked the BBB report and it is all bad. Next time I will check before ordering. Buyers beware.

John

Re: my prior post.

Well I received a partial order shipment. But my order and email conformation clearly says it is a 1670F combo to include a transducer. No transducer. I did a temporary install on another boat with furuno transducer and wiring to check the unit out. It powers up on it's own without touching the on button. White screen at first then a fuzzy looking non-sense display. Nothing changes when any button is pressed or held down. Could I be doing something wrong or is this a defective unit? Any suggestions? I guess I will write the "Factoryoutletstore" off but wonder what to do with the 1670.

I have called and emailed the vendor with a response saying they will review my case?

Thanks for your help.

John

If you can call our service department while you are on the boat they might be able work through your issues. They can be reached at 360-834-9300.
Hopefully it is something simple.

I will try that. I have been through the troubleshooting in the manual including the reset button.

Well I tried suggestions to re-set etc. with no results so I have returned the 1670F to the Factoryoutletstore and disputed the charge on my CC. After my first call and numerous emails the vendor has not responded. It cost me $40.00 to insure and return the item. Based on BBB reports they routinely send faulty products and refuse to refund or even respond. I will have to wait for Visa to refund my charge before purchasing from a legitimate dealer. Again buyer beware.

Merry Christmas to all here and thanks for the help.

Back