lp 1000

A

Anonymous

Posting for my dad, a lifelong commercial fisherman who is lost without his old lp1000. Is there anyway to get all the way points and track lines out of the machine and into a modern format? Or are all those secret spots forgotten forever?

You could write down or take a photo of the loran numbers using your digital camera and then input them into a newer Furuno unit that offers loran number conversion. Some current example units sold today would be the Furuno NN3D, TZT, GP32, GP1670F, and the GP1870F.

Good idea, I don't know why I didn't think of that. Couldn't take awhile, about 2000 hangs. The tracks probably can't be re produced. I wonder how accurate the Loran overlay will be compared to today's standards, ie, will the rock be under the lat/long coordinate. I know Loran had excellent repeatablablity, but not necessarily the actual location when plotted on a chart.

If you call tech support we can help you setup the new unit to show the exact loran numbers as your lp1000 showed. When setup correctly the conversion is very accurate. You can continue using it with everything showing loran number or change it to show everything in GPS after you have entered in all your points.

Back