GP1870F; HOW TO DELETE TEXT AND QUICK POINTS

A

Anonymous

Hi.
1) In the Point List, if changing a comment or renaming a point name, is there a way to delete unused text characters all at once? For example, if the point name is PT0001 and I want to change the name to just the letter A, I have to delete T, 0, 0, 0 and then 1, one digit at a time if I want all blanks after the new name. Any way to delete all the text first then add the letters I want or delete all remaining text after entering the new characters? It gets kind of tedious and time consuming doing one character at a time.
2) Once an Easy Route is created then saved, the Easy Route is exited and the route on the display is replaced with the yellow quick points and basic course line. Can this route be deleted from the display but remain in the route list for future use?
3) When navigating, does an Easy Route display any more information than a standard route or do they just look different to differentiate between the two?
Thanks.

1) No not currently.
2) You must have an easy route; the route can not an unsafe or potentially dangerous
legs (Yellow or Red) or it will not let you save it as a normal route. (manual chap4)
3) If you saved the route, the Start and Destination flags and the route remain on the screen. If you exited without saving the route, only the Start and Destination flags remain on the screen. The flags can be removed by selecting [DELETE] at [START POINT] and [DESTINATION POINT] on the [EASY ROUTING] menu. The flags are also removed when the power is turned off.... Otherwise they will view and operate as any other normal route.

Back