GP 1870F and tide chart and 24hr clock

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

Hello,

Question again about the tide chart when in 24hr mode for time. I have the setting in Menu set to 24 hr clock.

Today at 10:06am (1006H), when looking at tide chart for Weymouth MA Fore River, I am in 24 hr mode, high tide is shown as 1915, but LOW tide is displayed as "00:30" (which is 30 minutes after midnight in 24 hr time). Hopefully I can attach a pix of the screen.

Actual low tide should read 1230 vice 0030.

Why does low tide display in 12 hour clock when high tide is displayed in 24hr clock?

Timmy

Attachments

• IMG_0461.JPG
    IMG_0461.JPG
    808.8 KB · Views: 2,221
My guess would be they only have the highest high tide and the lowest low tide for the day listed, not all four.

Spike

OK, here we go again with 24 HR clock and tide charts.

I cannot understand Furuno's logic as to displaying tide charts and number readout of high and low tides. The unit is set to 24 hr and when using the unit today, both high and low tides displayed tides that had past, ie; the upcoming high tide less then 6 hours in the future was not indicated, only the past high and low tide.

Since low and high tide are VERY important and Furuno unit's tide numerical readouts cannot be trusted, I will have to use my smart phone for tide charts.

BE AWARE of the numerical displays of high and low tides for they may not be displaying the correct CURRENT and UPCOMING tides......................

Dismayed......

Timmy

Attachments

• tide.jpg
    tide.jpg
    871.7 KB · Views: 2,189
Tides data comes from the chart card not the Furuno unit. Your concern about how it is displayed has been sent forward to product development but C-map plays a big part in how the software is setup or changed. Normally the data C-map provides is consistent with the published data from the hydrographic offices (in our case NOAA). If you find something is off from C-map (when comparing to NOAA), please provide the data under an official support case so we can address the conflict with C-MAP. Anything you feel is incorrect from NOAA should be reported to them. (http://tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/) We recommend you ensure your time offset is setup correctly because this can be the cause of many tide issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back