GP-1870F Display Problem

A

Anonymous

I just recently purchased this unit from The GPS Store last month, installed it myself, and took it out last week for it's first use. The unit performed as expected in all aspects of operation. Then this past weekend, I took it out again and upon boot up, the screen displayed several vertical lines on the left side of the display. I disconnected the power cord, waited a few minutes and rebooted, with the same results. As the day wore on, the left side looked more white than just vertical lines (see attached photo). My question is, can this be fixed? Do I need to send the unit back to Furuno? A quick response to this inquiry is appreciated.

Attachments

• Furuno GP-1870F Screen Problem.jpg
    Furuno GP-1870F Screen Problem.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 1,917
Have you tried turning the unit on with the C-Map card removed? Although you won't get detail with the world base map you should be able to see if the vertical lines and white still appear. If it does then the unit would have to come back to Furuno for repair. This could also be handled through the GPS Store if they are convenient to your location. You might try calling them.

From the GPS Store:

>>Yes, judging by the picture this unit would need to go back to Furuno for repair. You can reach them at 1-360-834-9300 and they would be able to either swap it or repair the unit. I apologize for the inconvenience. We Look Forward to Helping You!
Regards, Brian Rock, The GPS Store, Inc., Phone 910-575-9544, Fax 910-575-9543<<<

So does Furuno have an e-mail address that handles this, or is the number above my POC?

It should be sent to:
Furuno USA
Attn: Repair
4400 N.W. Pacific Rim Blvd.
Camas, WA. 98607-9408

Please include a description of the problem as well as contact information.
You can also call the number provided by the GPS Store, but it still has to be sent.
Please be sure to insure your shipment.

Back