Furuno 1833c with Navnet from 2005

D

dsiegfried

I just purchased a sailboat with the Furuno 1833c & Navnet GPS/Chartplotter/Radar (36mile).

I am shopping for chart cards. The Owners Manual states only Furuno and Navionics cards will work. Navionics compatibility lists show only the Navionics Classic cards are compatible. These cards cover very small areas and are expensive compared to the wide area charts available for $300. It would take many, many of the classic cards at $200 each to have the same coverage as the wide area charts (C-map Max Mega Wide Chart).

What can I do to use these newer chart products?

Thanks,
Duane

I would suggest replacing the 10.4" NavNet 1 with a newer 10.4" Vx2 display. The newer displays support wide area chart coverage. The Vx2 10.4" was recently discontinued but many Furuno dealers still have them in stock if you hurry. This would be the easiest upgrade because the cases are exactly the same size and same connections as the NN1.

Johnny Electron":1idkiigr said:
I would suggest replacing the 10.4" NavNet 1 with a newer 10.4" Vx2 display

Is the NavNet 1 what the 1833c was sold with as a system? It was referred to as "Navnet" without a number in the Furuno online manuals.

Duane

Yes, the original NavNet was just called NavNet. When NavNet vx2 came out people referred to the original as 1. Just like World War 1 didn't exist until World War 2.

The 1833 designation indicated that it was sold with a 4kW dome.

Back