Furuno plotter with floppy discs

A

Anonymous

Most of my fishing is wreck fishing , I now have a neighbour who is an ex-commercial trawlerman who has a vast number of uncharted wrecks plotted (the nets get snagged on them so its worth them knowing where they are ).

The snag is all the waypoints are on floppy disc in I'm assuming an old Furuno format and the Furuno unit has long since gone with the boat .

Can anyone please advise is there any way I can extract these way points from the floppy discs ? I can purchase a floppy disc reader but do I need some Furuno software to read the numbers ? Any help or advise very much appreciated.

I am not aware of any Furuno system that used floppy disks to save points. Even the older machines used memory cartridges or PCMCIA cards. Maybe someone confusing MaxSea software which has been around many years. For about 10 years, Furuno sold MaxSea PC based software for MaxSea. This software and support is now managed by Nobeltec. If you think this might be from an old version of MaxSea you could open an official support case and e-mail us a copy of the files which you remove from the disks. We can see what we might do to help you access them.

Back