GP-7000 F NT

A

Anonymous

Hi, can the GP-7000F NT be networked with the NNet 1 system via a hub and would it require its own chart card. Regards

The GP7000 is not a network device and cannot be connected to a NavNet system except if transferring NMEA0183 data.

Hi Just searching past posts, i have a RDP 149 navnet vx2 display and my gps 320 aerial has died there is no gps aerials available in NZ for this model . Is it possible to use my other unit a gp700f to network to rdp149 so it can use the 7000's gps aeral on the navnet system ? Hope this makes sense . Cheers

Catalyst,
Thank you for your inquiry. If the Furuno GP-320B antenna is no longer available in your local area, yes it is possible to utilize the GP7000F as the position source for your RDP149. On the GP7000 in the menu---advanced---input/output----NMEA1 output ensure that sentences ZDA, GGA, VTG are highlighted (on). On the RDP149 ensure that the position source is changed to "ALL". you will need to ensure that the GP7000 is fully operational & has a position fix in order for it to provide this information to the RDP149 via NMEA0183.

Thanks for reply I will go buy an nmea cable and try that , really appreciate the help. Cheers

Hi just checking do I plug into nmea1 on the 7000 and just plug into the hub or do i need to plug into a data port on the 149 as the data ports have 7 pins . If it is meant to plug into the network plug on the 149 that has the hub plug in it already ? If I plug into hub do I need to tell 149 the 7000 is now plugged into hub ?Thanks in advance cheers.

Back