GP1871F and ArimarB765C-LH-0???

R

Robert Sellin

I am upgrading to GP-1871F. Will the 1871 recognize the XID from an Airmar B765C-LH transducer?? :furuno

The GP1871F hasn't released and that combination hasn't been tested. You should be able to use it. The GP1871F when running CHIRP, will run either Low, Med, or High Chirp but not all at the same time. It is designed to work with some new transducers which will be available for sale about the same time as the unit. You can most likely use the transducer but the unit won't recognize the TID because it isn't one of the units it is designed to work with. It would need to be wired with a Furuno 10 pin pigtail. You would pick either the L or the H transducer wires (depending on which you prefer to run). I would select H if you are fishing in waters under 500 ft or L if fishing deeper waters.

Thanks Johnny. I need to get a transducer in the hull before I launch on June 18th. Hope the 1871 is released soon and that I can find a compatible chirp transducer to fit the 2 inch hole in the bottom of my boat. Thanks, again Rob

Back