1815 Radar Nema wiring

B

BREEZY

I am struggling with wiring my new 1815 Nema 0183 wiring to a Raymarine C125 MFD, so i can use the GPS info on the 1815 radar displays.

I removed the existing radar and mounted the Furuno 1815 radar on my boat.  I finished running the antena cable and the power wiring.  I then tried to connect the nema 0183 wiring, ughhhh!

I can' t seem to understand what needs to be done to wire this correctly.  I don't want to short anything out, so i figured i would ask first. 

There are 12 lighter gauge wires (not counting the ext buzzer and the sheild wire), set up in pairs (1 dot, 2 dots, 3 dots no designation for A&B or H&C), and a orange and brown wire,on the 1815 radar.

On the Raymarine C125 MFD, there are 6 wires; green, brown, white, yellow, orange with a green stripe and orange with a white stripe.   In the Raymarene manual it says to consult with the Nema 0183 device for correct wiring.  Furuno doesn't show anything about what would be needed to make the correct connections.  

I tried the web and found people that were in the same boat as me, with a reccomendatio to contact Furuno to get the answer for the problem.

Can you help me?         

BREEZY,

Thanks for your inquiry regarding NMEA wiring for the 1815. So here is the wiring information that you requested:

Transmit Data NMEA Port 1
Light Green Wire w/One Black Dot (A) Light Green Wire w/One Red Dot (B)

Receive Data NMEA Port 1 - (for GPS Information)
Gray Wire / One Black Dot (H) Gray Wire / One Red Dot (C)

Transmit Data NMEA Port 2
Light Green Wire w/Two Black Dots (A) Light Green Wire w/Two Red Dots (B)

Receive Data NMEA Port 2 - (for AIS Information)
Gray Wire w/Two Black Dots (H) Gray Wire w/Two Red Dots (C)

Receive Data NMEA Port 3 - (for Heading Information)
Gray Wire w/Three Black Dots (H) Gray Wire w/Three Red Dots (C)

So from the Raymarine C125 MFD, you'll need to connect the Yellow Wire to the 1815 Gray Wire w/One Black Dot, and then connect the Brown Wire to the 1815 Gray Wire w/Red Dot.

This will supply GPS information into your 1815.

Hope this helps..?

-Deep Blue :)

Thanks for the information. Will the connection to the Raymarine yellow and brown wires provide heading, course over ground, bearing to waypoint?

BREEZY,

I think that the Raymarine C125 only will output GLL, VTG, DBT, and MWV. I don't think that it will output any Heading to the 1815.

- Deep Blue

Thanks again. I contacted Raymarine and they said there is only one output on the MFD for the GPS info.

Back