FR1510D / RDP060

A

Anonymous

Hello all
I have some questions on a FR1510D / RPD060 system with the 6' antenna. I am hoping somebody knows the answers!

The display, RDP-060, has a dataplate on it stating 24-32vdc. I downloaded the owner's manual, went to the power supply schematic. It clearly shows 12/24/32vdc connection. I did not read anywhere in the manual about jumpers. Every document I can find on the furunousa site indicates the system is 12-32vdc.
So, is the unit 12/24/32 or 24/32?

If it can't be made into 12vdc, then don"t bother with the next question, and thank you for reading!

The transmitter has a 6' antenna on it. It appears that a XN12AF/4 is the 4' replacement antenna. The 6' antenna is end fed, but the 4' antenna depicted in the picture is center-fed. Are those two statements true? If so, is there any tuning that must be performed to swap out the 6' antenna and install the 4' antenna? If so, can any Furuno authorized service shop do the tuning? Any idea the costs of doing so?

Thank You for your time!
Fred, the guy with lotsa questions!

Fred,
The FR1510D (12-15 years old) would set based on what antenna scanner and size of array being used when the unit was originally sold. The acceptable power (how it was set) is normally marked on the Furuno label on the display when the radar is packaged. Per the Specs/Operator's manual; the supplied power must be 24Vdc to operate using a 240cm antenna (8ft). If the display is used with a different scanner or the scanner was replaced with a different size; the power supply must be modified based on “Appendix E” of the operator's manual.

It appears that a XN12AF/4 is the 4' replacement antenna.
No, that isn't correct. The 4' antenna for this radar is part# AR7/10ANT4 and it is no longer available from Furuno. You might be able to find it on the used market.

can any Furuno authorized service shop do the tuning? Any idea the costs of doing so?
Each authorized dealer offers services based on their own skill set. This radar would normally fall towards dealers who service commercial deep sea radar systems. It is recommended that you speak directly with the dealer concerning their abilities and pricing. Our factory service center in Camas Washington can provide services for customers in our service area, but estimates are not provided until they evaluate the item in question.

Back