Radar FAR-2117 + GP-170

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Ondrei2000

Good Morning

We have a problem with a set of Radar FAR-2117 and GPS GP-170.
The problem is in GoTo function in GPS. When I'm trying to set GoTo waypoint or GoTo MOB, my route line appears only on lcd screen of gps, but not appear on the Radar screen.
Almost same happen with GoTo Route. It showing me only route from Waypoint no.1 to Waypoint no.2 , but not showing route line from vessel's current position to first waypoint in my route. But if you will do "Skip waypoint" in the radar, it will jump to second waypoing and show route line from vessel position to second waypoint ...
Waiting for ideas , as I already read through both gps and radar manual, but found nothing.

Good afternoon Ondrei2000,

Thank you for your inquiry. Please see the information below to verify the radar is looking for the correct data from the GPS Navigator. Please confirm the radar has the following settings. Please Verify how the GP 170 is communicating with the radar, is it via ethernet or Serial Data like NMEA0183? What is the software version of the FAR2117?

FAR2xx7 Waypoint Mark..JPG

C-Bass

Looks like im having near the same problem. We recently upgraded to the 170 from the 150. What i would like to see as it was previously set up to show the waypoint as an intended track like not a bearing to to the point with XTE lines on both sides. Not sure where this is in the settings but can not locate it. Also with previous set up all waypoints input on the GP 150 were visable on the radar too. IS this a feature that no longer exist or is it something in my settings.

The FurunoUSA forum is only for recreational/light marine products. For commercial or deep sea products please contact your nearest authorized Furuno agent.
In the USA you can contact us at 360-834-9300 and ask for deep sea support or open a support case on our website.
If you are outside of the US please see this link.
https://www.furuno.com/en/support/distributors/marine/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back