Azimuth abnd heading line alarm DRS4DNXT radar

Bear13

My radar is networked with TZtouch2 displays. Just installed a couple months ago. Yesterday while idling down the river the radar quit working. On attempt to restart I get an azimuth and heading line alarm, I had rebooted several times no avail. Fuze is good so there's power. The alarm code is azimuth alarm - RD003213, then the headline line alarms pops up. All other equipment operates fine. AIS, Sounder, GPS, Weather... Please help. First time ever I had issue with a Furuno piece of equipment. Radar does not spin up and I do not hear the antenna rotate.

It sounds like your antenna might not be turning or something has gone wrong with the scanner unit. You might open the dome cover (when it isn't raining) and from a distance transmit and see if the array is turning or not. If not turning, you should contact your local dealer for service or send the unit in for evaluation.

I am getting the same Azimuth Alarm message, I was just wondering how this finished up. What was the fix?

Same radar with same problem. Sent it back to furuno and it was the motor inside the radar. They replaced it and all is good again.

I’m getting a Radar Azimuth Alarm and a Radar Heading Alarm with the same hardware . Major surgery required to remove radar unit. Anything I should try first? Install has been working great for 5 years:

Back