Turn on TX but going back to STB

offshorehunter

Hi

I`m currently on a around the world sailing and fishing trip with my heavily re-built Lagoon 410 . I have all electronic from Furuno, TZ14 + 9, autopilot 711, AIS, chirp sounder, GP33, DR4 radar. In general really happy with it, but lately my radar stoped working her in Panama.

When turned on everything looks ok. After warm up when I try to put in TX it goes back to STB after a few seconds. First time 5-6 seconds, after that only 1-2 seconds. I tried to rotate the antenna with my hand, it then worked again first time I tried, but later completely dead. I have 48V up in the power cable, but there is no movements or sounds when I try to put in TX.

Any idea what to do? Furuno Panama dont have time to look at it for a wile and we have to leave early next week. We really need the radar here with all the **** weather at the moment, so it is a big problem.

Morten
"SY Offshore Hunter"

It almost sounds like you have enough voltage but not enough current to drive the radar. Have you ensured the system batteries are fully charged? If you got corrosion on the power connections it can starve the radar for power, or if you extended the radar power with too small a gage wire. Assuming the power and wiring is good, you might try a hardware reset on the radar. (Menu - Radar - Hardware reset) I would also recommend checking that you don't have your watchman feature turned on. (designed to take the radar to stby) Lastly, I would check the scanner for water intrusion.

Hi Johnny
I have litium batteries with 13,2 V, and checked all the connections, everything looks ok. The cable is the original one, not cut and has never been extended. I have already reset the hardware and settings. I have used the watchman before, but it`s turned off now. When I look at the watchman setting it is impossible to set it when I`m in stand by, is that normal? The radar also go into stand by after only 1-2 seconds, the watchman was set at 5 when I used it the last time. Inside the antenna is dry, clean and everything looks as new.

When I look at the watchman setting it is impossible to set it when I`m in stand by, is that normal?

Yes that is normal.

You might try backing up your settings in the MFD and factory clearing the unit to ensure it isn't something goofy with the software.

Back