24 inch open array

A

Anonymous

Hello all. I have the old 1751 mk11. 24 inch open array on a sailboat mast. That was the smallest open array at the time and it worked well. I have lost my display as it is unrepairable. I would like to stay with an open array but believe the smallest one available even a newer discontinued unit is 3.5 ft. The display was at the nav and want to move it to the helm. I'm told that I might be able to use a navnet one for this. Some say yes some say no. Any thoughts. I like having two stand alone units for back up. If I could use the nav net one what was the newest one/most features to get. Of course this would be a significant upgrade as I would now have color and chart overlay. I'm thinking a rip 131 or 148 would work but don't know about cables. I might have to change arrays but as installation is quite a job I'm wondering if this is a doable option with adequate preformance.

You can use a 7" NavNet one or 7" Vx2 with that Scanner. In fact the same scanner is use with the 1742C NavNet. You are correct the smallest open array sold today is the 3.5'.

Thank you very much sir. What would be the most advanced one that will work with that scanner. As I have to find a used one I might as well get the most features out of it. Will that set up work very well?

What does the rdp mean?

Which charts go in the rdp 148?

Thank you

RDP148 is a general term for a 7" Navnet vx2.
RDP148 takes Navionics Gold and RDP148/NT take C-Map NT cartography.

C-Map units can only take C-Map and Navionics can only use Navionics.
They can be converted at our service center. I suggest you go with C-Map as they still offer updated charts for the older Navnet.

Back