NXT Questions

A

Anonymous

So just installed an DRS4D NXT running with TZT14. On the Chesapeake and while running the Choptank last week it seemed a bit inconsistent. It would mark some moving boats with the ARPA circle and others it would not (for the most part it was picking them up with returns though), Target Analyzer mode is on. I have a few questions:

1) When should the unit automatically mark targets?

2) It picked up lots of targets but then barely showed a return on a 30' low wooden crab boat and then barely showed a return on a large old wooden sloop, both were with 3/4 mile.

3) Radar is mounted flat and unobstructed but boat runs at about 4-5 deg angle, should I install a 4 deg wedge (see pic)? I noticed while running it was marking buoys basically straight ahead fine but a 40' boat on plane and coming from about the forward starboard quarter it was just barely picking up?

4) Are there certain settings I should be adjusting?

5) Is their a full manual for operation of the NXT somewhere?

Thanks

Attachments

• Radar Mount 2.jpg
    Radar Mount 2.jpg
    893.5 KB · Views: 1,056
It sounds like you have the same issue as another forum member had, you need a radar wedge mount. You might search some of the previous postings of the NXT. The radar operations are covered in the main display unit operational manual. For example target analyzer is on page 6-23 of the TZTL12F manual.

Back