furuno drs4w 1st watch wireless 19 4kw digital radar

A

Anonymous

This item was just purchased by me
The unit is installed except for the connection to a switch
I can do somethings but connection to a engine compartment light switch which is never used
Had me baffled
The power cord unit has a light blue cable a red cable with a fuse on it and wire mesh line
How do it connect these please
Blue goes where
Red goes where
Wire mesh goes where
There are no instructions on how to connect the power cable to a power source
Is there anyone that can assist
Thanks in advance

Thank you for this information
I have one more question if you don't mind
The power cord is about 10 ft too long am I able to cut it to length
Or would that harm or improve the power flow

Joyride,

You can cut the power cable to the length you need, but please measure carefully. Remember to leave a little extra so the cable isn't tight. I like to leave a 6" gradual bend in my cables (both power and data) to ensure a "clean" installation. Cutting the power wire shorter will not cause any power issues, but if you cut the fuse out of the power line make sure the DRS4W power cable is connected to a fuse panel with a fuse to handle the power load of the DRS4W.

Stickman

Thanks forum members,

I just wanted to confirm that if i just my cable on the furuno drs4w 1 st watch that i only need to connect the red and blue cable to my battery positive and negative terminals. I was wondering what to do with the braid sheath on the outside of the wires. thanks really appreciate a quick response

It is recommended to ground the shield as shown on the diagram above in this thread. Many cases it will run fine with just the power wires but a ground is recommended for safety and EMI protection.

Johnny, I’m trying to troubleshoot connectivity to my TRS 4W after applying power is showing .7 A draw but I’m not getting any Wi-Fi connected signal. That was also not hearing or seeing any motion in the unit. No sound and no connectivity but I doing something wrong I currently have, the red connected to positive and blue connected to negative but no connection to the shielding. Is that the problem? did I purchase a dead unit?

Back