1623 problem

A

Anonymous

Hi, I have a 1623.
Has 60 hours of use
I stop seeing the objects after a couple of seconds after the change of range.
This happens in both near and far objects.
I do not know if I was clear, as soon as I change the scope I can see the objects by a couple of turns of the antenna, after this it loses the imegen by more than 50%.
It would be very useful to have your opinion.
From already thank you very much.
Sebastian

It sounds like you have some big metal or RF transmitting device near the radar. Please provide some photos of your install where your antenna is mounted.

thakz very mach for your reply.
the antenna is mounted in the main mast.
I dont have this problemn 3 moths ago, and I dont change anythig in my boat.
I´ll take some pictures this weekend.

FWIW my 1623 has done exactly the same thing from time to time. It seems to happen most often when I haven't used it for an extended period of time. If I let it run for an hour the problem will often clear up.

Dear Johnny Electron

Thank you very much for your time.

Take a photo of the antenna, and there is nothing new nearby, it always worked well. Now continue the problem in the range of 2 miles.
This is the link to the Photo of the antenna

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5Fpa1 ... sp=sharing
Thank you again for your time and please tell me how I can fix it.

Sebastian

Sorry sir, the first mast is my boat.
I studied the problem more closely.

Not only does it fail in the 2-mile range, the problem is with the objects behind the nearest echoes.

For example I can see with a perfect detail the objects near the boat, but not the coast that is more than 1 mile. It's as if the gain setting cancels after a couple of turns of the antenna distant objects.

It stands out this problem in the range of 2 miles as it is the one I use when I want to see a little farther.

In the link you can see how to change the scale the coast is detected and disappears within a few seconds.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx4xb4 ... sp=sharing

I appreciate your attention again.

I'm a fan of Furuno, I can't understand what's going on.

Sebastian.

Have you setup the radar with sector blanking to blank out your mast?
You can't transmit through it and most likely would get reflections off of it causing the radar problems. The mast mount protection ring of metal looks to be out of the radar beam, so I think the problem is the mast. If you have sector blanking on, maybe you need to tweak the amount it is setup for.

Yesterday I was able to test the equipment and found that the antenna connector was badly plugged in.
The problem was solved by connecting the antenna connector well.
Sorry for the mistake, I got my FURUNO back.
Thankz you!!!!

Sebastian

Back