DRS4W Potential buyer questions

A

Anonymous

Looking at buying

#1 No literature mentions. Watchman Mode. It is very important for sailboats on solar power. Does the system have Watchman Mode programmed by operating interface.

#2 Literature mentions Apple interface alerts you if alarm. How does it do this? Ring tone? Flashing screen?

#3 Can unit see small one man wooden fishing vessels within 1/2 nm? Will these be alarmed?

#4 My cabin is 20 meters horizontal length away from radar tower. Will signal pass through wooden fiberglass walls to reach my cabin?

Mr Pbmaise,

1. Watchman mode is not available through the DRS4W

2. Keep in mind the apple interface is up too Two IOS devices (Iphone, Ipad).
When the alarm goes off you will hear a beeping noise/tone that will alert you.

3. Yes you can adjust the range of the Radar and you will see a target. The DRS4W has an customization guard zone where the DRS4W app will alert you when a Radar target enters the zone.

4. Yes signal will pass through.

Regards,

Mr.Radar

Regarding

1. Watchman mode is not available through the DRS4W

I read where the DRS4W goes off if there is no monitor listening. I. E. If apple IPad goes to sleep then DRS4W also goes to sleep.

Is this true?

The DRS4W must go into a standby mode and wait for a command from the Apple to begin scanning. How much energy does it consume while waiting for command from Apple to begin scanning?

Does the App automatically restart the scanning after the Apple comes out of sleep mode. Example if someone touches screen then app tells DRS4W to begin scanning. Or does the App have to reinitiate the start command?

Pbmaise,

1. As long as the DRS4W is transmitting the Ipad will not enter sleep mode.
Please note if the DRS4W is on stand by mode the Ipad could enter sleep mode.

2. If you are using 12 volts it draws 2.1 Amp If you are using 24 Volts it draws 1 amp.
The communication frequency between the Ipad and DRS4W is 2.4GHz band.

3. Yes, Once the Ipad comes out of sleep mode the DRS4W is still linked with the Ipad.

Regards,

Mr.Radar

Back