DRS4DNXT wiring question

Bsfilter

I just received my new TzTouch2 12" Mfd and DRS4DNXT radar and am going through the installation manuals for both and came across something that has me a little confused. The radar cable has three wires, a red (power) blue (ground) and a black wire which they call a "shielding wire for grounding" which I am at a complete loss regarding where this is supposed to go. Does anybody know what/where I am supposed to connect this particular wire?

Thank you for your time,
Bob Anderson

Johnny Electron you out there? Do both the blue AND black wire go to grounding block? Does one of them go to ground post on the rear my TzT2?

I have been on vacation. I am sorry no one was able to answer your question.
When it comes to wiring anything Furuno, I always recommend referring to page S-1 at the back of the manual. Almost everything we sell will have an "Interconnection Diagram" showing with wiring of the product. In the case of the NXT, they show the cable shield is connected to ground. This is a dedicated ground, not neg (-) DC. On larger boats, they will have a bus bar grounding system which goes to the hull plate that in contact with the water. On many small boat, they may not have a hull plate installed. On small boats it wouldn't be uncommon to have the wire not connected. This is better than connecting it to something which isn't a true ground.

Late to the party here - 2 years on, I've got a brand new DRS4D-NXT and I'm looking at page S-1, and I don't see ANY shield wire noted. I see a red and blue wire, and the red has a 5amp fuse on it - this is connected to 12-24VDC, where do you see a shield wire connection? (and there is the data cable, RJ45, also depicted going to the MFD). No matter, I got the answer above from Johnny, shield wire to the grounding plate. Got it. But really, it's not on page S-1, or am I just blind?

Back