RSB-0055

A

Anonymous

Can I use this 24" dome and cable with any of the newer color radar displays.

Other than that, what other model displays will this work with?

Good morning Johnny Vintage,

Can you please provide the numbers after the RSB0055. That will tell us if it is a 3kw transceiver or a 4kw transceiver. Thank you for the additional information.

Kind Regards,

c-bass

Good afternoon Johnny Vintage,

After further research, RSB0055 is not compatible with any current model display. Unfortunately the dome cannot be used.

Depending on the TR unit it may be compatible with displays that are no longer available from Furuno USA, however displays can be found on places like eBay although we cannot guarantee they are operational. We would need to know what TR the radar has in order to know what older displays the dome is compatible with.

Sorry Johnny Vintage,

TR is short for transceiver, it's the guts inside the dome. If you provide the whole RSB number including including the 3 or 4 digit number after the hyphen. It will probably say something like RSB0055-052 or -049.

Johnny, i have the same question as above. But there are no additional numbers visible after RSB-0055 they must have worn off, is there any other information inside? I would like to find the power cables and connection cable between the display and dome. and if possible if a 1712 display would be compatible.
the rest of the available information is
serial number is RO57-2740
Compass Safe Distance
STD 3.1M STEER 1.75M
Equipment Class X

The old display does not have a model or serial on the outside. it says GaAs FET FRONT END 8-TONE DAYLIGHT DISPLAY

Attachments

• 20180604_152733.jpg
    20180604_152733.jpg
    982.6 KB · Views: 2,809
There are four different RTRs that were sold inside that RSB0055 gearbox.
Some are Log radars and some are Lin. You should open it up and get a few of the part numbers from the boards and maybe we can help you identify the unit.

I have a furuno radar model 1715 that is no longer acquiring targets. If my problem is with the dome and not the screen unit could i replace the former with a rsb 0055 serial no. R067-4214?

Back