Magnetron

A

Anonymous

What are the symptoms of a bad magnetron?

Is there a knock of mag for the Furuno 001-087-830 that's less expensive?

Magnetrons going bad normally will be like a light bulb that goes dimmer and dimmer until it goes out. You normally will get weaker and weaker targets until you have none. It isn't common to go from a working radar magnetron to no targets overnight.

There are only a few companies who make magnetrons and they don't come cheap especially the good ones. If you are looking to save a few bucks you might contact your dealer to see if he as any working, used units.

That's kind of what happened. After warm up and then transmit, it took some time like maybe half an hour before any returns showed up on the screen.

Then they got less and less until now I have none.

Is there a way to test the mag?

Just to check, this is the part#

001-087-830 correct?

Please provide the model number of the radar fro part number confirmation.

Yes, that is the correct part number.
However, in speaking with our service department they suggest that based on your symptoms, you likely have a bad main board in the display. Before you purchase a new magnetron you might want to send the display in to our service department in Washington.
They have a pretty good track record of fixing those boards.

Hi
I have a Furuno Radar model 8062 that not work well with a new MAF 1422B MAGNETRON, but when i put an older magnetron MAF 1422B the radar work well, is it possible? Why is it happen with my Radar furuno 8062?

That would be beyond the scope of this forum. There are high voltages in that area. I recommend working with your dealer to obtain the needed service manual or send the unit in for service.

Hi Johhny,

Can you check and see if they have parts for the main board?

Back