1715 display issue

A

Anonymous

Hi,

I have a 1715 and have recently started noticing that the center of my display screen is not as bright as the bright as the left and right sides. When the contrast/brightness is increased it does not improve. I have not checked the TX/RX times on the unit but I do not think it is over 400hrs.

Has anyone experienced this issue before?

Thanks,

D

Sun can damage an LCD screen if you don't use the provided plastic screen cover when not in use. What you describe is what I call sunburn, but I might be wrong. If it is causing a problem, or if the unit is still under the two year warrantee; I would recommend sending the unit in to the repair center for evaluation.

Thanks Johnny Electron for your response. The display is installed in an overhead electronics console in a fiberglass hardtop and the screen cover is always used. The center of the screen about 1" wide from the top to the bottom is the effected area outside this area is very bright compared to the middle of the screen. Besides sunburn, could there be other issues causing this?
Thanks!

Good morning dwbggc,

Could you provide us with some photos? I realize it might be hard to see in a photo but if you can provide something that would be great?

Back