Furuno Generations Information

A

Anonymous

Hi All New member of the forum. I am looking to buy a used (but still relatively recent) Furuno closed dome radar and have a few questions (unfamiliar with the entire line)

1. I have a NEMA 2k backbone and want to connect the radar to that instead of Furuno's dedicated MFDs. The 2k backbone connects to a series of ordinary PC displays. Is this possible?

2. If the above is "Yes". what is the earliest Furuno radar generation that allows direct NEMA 2k connectivity?

Thanks for any assist.

Steve

Thank you for the prompt reply. Given that information, it sounds like I will also need to buy a furuno MFD. Are the generations of furuno MFDs listed in the order of newest to oldest on this forum index? for instance:

Navnet TZTouch2 (newest)
Navnet TZTouch (just prior)
Navnet 3d (Older still and not in production any more)

If I purchase a Navnet TZTouch, for instance, will that MFD allow other NEMA2k data to be displayed in addition to the furuno radar video?

Thanks
Steve

Al of those MFDs are still in production, however the NN3D is only available in the black box (MFDBB) version. Each Navnet model fits various needs on a vessel so one isn't necessarily better than the other.

However for your needs, If what you want is the best N2K presentation with one our DRS Radar, I would suggest the TZTouch 2, 12" or 15".

The manuals and brochures are available online so you can see for yourself the difference views.

I hope this helps.

Back