DRS2D Issue - Tune Error and Optimization not working

mdsilvers

Hello. I have an issue with my now 4 year old DRD2D. It has worked great until now. Today I had a Tune Error. I read in detail posts on a similar issue with a DRS4D and did a number of tests per the forum notes. Details below.

* Radar turns fine when 'on'
* The switch inside works great. I tested with Ohm Meter.

Here are my readings from the Service Man:

Operating Time: 5093hrs
TX Time: 3221hrs

TX-HV: 343.5v
12V: 12.1V
5V: 5.0V
3.3V:3.3v
Pulse Control Voltage: 7.7Volt
Tuning Voltage: 3.9v, 1.8v, 5.3v, 6.0v, etc. Cycles when in TX mode
Arpa Echo: 0
Arpa Land Echo: 0

I also updated to 2.11 from 2.07 to see if that made any difference. So far nothing. I go into the radar optimization screen, and get an Optimization error. I've zoomed in and out on the radar range to see if it works close in or far away, and at all levels of zoom I get this error.

Any suggestions? I am currently in NZ, getting ready to sail North, but need to get this resolved. Could this be a Magnetron issue? YIKES.

Thanks. I checked int the NZ Furuno guys and they said they could not get to the service until August. CRAZY. So, I will ship to the USA. What is the best process to get this done, as I purchased this in the US anyway, I'm OK with shipping to the US from here. Please advise and i'll get this off ASAP. Thanks.

The dome should be shipped to our service center at the following address.

Furuno Service
4400 NW Pacific Rim Blvd
Camas WA 98607

You might talk to your local post office to see if there is anything you can do to avoid any customs fees when the item is returned.

Back