1761 mark-3. Can I switch from open array to a dome?

A

Anonymous

I have a question about the comparability of my radar to a dome, rather than the open array I have now. I'm a marine technician but know nothing about compatability of older radar systems. Hope one of you can help?

On my Grady I have an older Furuno 1761 Mark-3, old unit but works fantastic. I've upgraded all electronics but this, I'm used to it, I trust it and that works for me.

Anyways, the open array is fantastic for detail but is too large for my boat, it's better fit on a 30++. It just doesn't look right on my hard top! It's also too heavy for my hardtop. Looking to switch to a dome and keeping the open array at home for when I go bigger.

What domes would be compatible with this unit? Preferably an older one I can purchase used.

Thanks,
Mike

Forgot to add. The display is an RDP-099. So I guess to rephrase the question, are there any domes compatible with the RDP-099 (1761 mk3) display?

Thanks!

You could change the radar scanner cable and add the 24" dome (RSB0071-058). The display would have to be opened up and the DIP switches and jumper changed on the main SPU board to the 1731MK3 settings. This is beyond the scope of the from because it deals with opening up the display unit which has some high voltages. It would be best if you have your dealer conduct the display modification or contact us under an official support case/call.

Back