DRS4D-NXT

I really wish we could see a side by side comparison between a standard 24" dome vs the new product to determine it is worth the upgrade.

From a conversation with a supplier the new unit is the DL model in a 24" package with some other tweaks. If that is the case it should be a big difference between the NXT and the D model. However, as you stated side by side would be nice and real word tests instead of a single video.

The NXT is much like the DRS4D in offering duel range in a 24" dome..yet it offers direct to power connection and advanced doppler solid state. The DL is a 19" dome direct to power without duel range.

When will this be available for purchase? I am available for Beta testing as well (live on prune hill in Camas...).

The NXT should begin shipping sometime this spring. There is no firm date set yet.

Dogwoods are starting to bloom in Camas.

Any word yet?

:)

I have on good authority the NXT is in "initial production phase" and Furuno USA is projecting end of May / early June delivery. But Furuno USA has not received official date.

Wish it were sooner as I'm just finishing up TZ2 installation.

Haven't heard but it does fit the expected "Spring 2016" planned timeframe. I have seen some testing of the new TZT2 software with the NXT and it is amazing.

Thanks for the unofficial updates!

Is there any of the manuals available? This would be very helpful for planning purposes.

Hi guys,

I'm currently preparing my wiring for a dual TZTL15F-based setup and was wondering if any of you know more about the specific cabling details for the DRS4D-NXT radar I have on backorder.

So far Furuno have not released any (installation) manuals for the DRS4D-NXT yet, and I would like to know what kind of PSU-unit (if any) would be required to inject power on the Ethernet cabling between the TZTL15F and DRD4D-NXT. Or does the unit require a separate power-cable?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Kind regards,

Bertrand

The NXT is a direct to power system. (No power supply needed)
The scanner cable is provided with the radar scanner and it has a power connection (to your power system) and an RJ45 network connection to connect to your HUB or display depending on the install.

Can you tell me if the power and network wiring from my existing recent DRS4DL is a direct fit into the DRS4D-NXT? Would make for a simple upgrade if so. I've looked all over or a packing list or installation instructions to compare against the DRS4DL parts list but no luck yet. Thanks.

Back