FURUNO RPU-015 NAVNET PROCESSOR UNIT?

A

Anonymous

Is there any documentation on how to integrate this into a NAVNET VX2 network? I have an existing 1944C/NT w/ a 6kw 4' array. Can I use the RPU-015 as part of the network and if so for what purpose? Do I need an external power source PSU...?
Thanks

The RPU-015 is a black box VX2 processor. You can add it to the Vx2 network like any other Vx2 unit. It will share any radar/sounder/GPS data that is available from the other Vx2 units. The power cable of the unit connects directly to 12 or 24Vdc for power.

So the purpose is as a network hub to share data to multiple VX2 displays? It is not a radar amplifier in any respect. So I connect my GPS, DFF1 sounder and radar (6kw 4' array) to the RPU-015 and then out to my 2 RDP-149 displays? I thought I could do that by simply interconnecting the 2 VX2 displays.
Is there a user manual available anywhere online at Furuno for the RPU-015?

Ideally you leave your working Vx2 system as is and the new processor is just added to the network. (adding a hub if needed) If you are wanting to move a radar connection from another onto to this one, it is possible as long as the radar is coming from a 10.4" NavNet or BB unit.

Back