1942 MK II - any other compatible displays?

A

Anonymous

I have a 1942 MK II in a pilot house. Love the radar but would like a display with a smaller footprint. The 10" screen size is not the problem, it is the depth of the CRT display that presents an issue. Any other monitors compatible?

Thanks
Tom

If you can find a dealer with a new or used RDP149 (10.4" NavNet Vx2) display, it would be directly compatible as a radar and chart plotter unit. We recently stopped selling the Vx2 10" units so they might be harder to find. From what is current product (currently sold) you could purchase an RDP152 display and be compatible with your older scanner and cable. The unit would look like this ....
http://www.furunousa.com/Products/Produ ... %3a+Radars

Being a 10.4" LCD, it will not be as deep as your older 1942Mk2 CRT display.

Thanks Johnny.
I can find some of those displays on ebay....so if I buy that unit I can purchase another gps antenna and have a backup gps?

Thanks again,
ts

Is the RDP-149 the only other chart plotter type display that is compatible with the 1942 MK II
equipment? Any of the newer mfds? If the RDP-149 replaced the existing display will the existing remote display still work?

In addition to the RDP149 (becomes radar 1944C/NT) the older RDP139 could be used(becomes 1943C). As far as newer/current model units, you can use the RDP152 which would basically turn the radar into a model 1945. All have support for a slave radar connection. You might have to change the slave radar cable depending on the slave unit your are using and the new display you select.

The RDP148 a 7" display and the RDP149 is 10.4".
The 1942MKII radar would not be compatible with the RDP148.

I purchased a RDP-149 for our 1942 MK II radar. Is it a "plug n Play" type retrofit? Or will there be wiring changes made? How do you get into the setup wizard for the RDP-149? Do you have a guide on how to setup up the RDP-149 with our 1942 MK II system?

How do you get into the setup wizard for the RDP-149?
HOLD MENU as you power up the machine until you see the option to enter INST MODE (install mode).

You would setup the Vx2 (RDP149) as if it was the 1944C/NT radar unit following the Vx2 installation manual. There would be no wiring changes needed.

Here is a direct link to the 1944C/NT product page. You will find the manuals under the Manuals & documents tab.

http://www.furunousa.com/Products/Produ ... t+Plotters

Thank you for the help. Is there any way to make the Vx2 communicate with a ST70 Raymarine smatpilot?

Mr. Electron:
What is the difference between the RDP149 (becomes radar 1944C/NT) the older RDP139?

Thanks,
Tom

RDP139 was the designation of the first generation NavNet 10.4" display. RDP149 was the second generation called NavNet vx2. The NT designated the C-Map cartography. Those models without NT used Navionics.

Back