RSB-0071 dome wiring harness

A

Anonymous

So my new boat (well older model but new to me) came with a Nav Net VX2 system which works great. The boat did not have RADAR so a friend of mine happened to be selling a complete Nav Net system including the Radar Dome. He was nice enough to give me the dome for free so today I went down to the boat to see if it will be compatible. Sure enough it looks like it will work so I tried to connect it. It turns out when they remove the cable they took out the harnesses that connect the wires to the circuit board in the array itself. He is not sure if his electronics guy has the harnesses so my questions are as follows:

1. Can I purchase the harnesses??
2. What is the wiring schematic (i.e. what color wire goes with what terminal)??

Thanks in advance.

Tom

What size screen do you have...a 7" with omnipad or 10.4" with trackball? Also, the RSB0071 is the enclosure of the radar, but what electronics are inside are the important part. Is the last 6 of the FCC ID on the dome RTR058 or RTR057?

1. Yes, the white connectors can be purchased to connect to the board in the dome.
2. The schematic will depend on what info you provide for my questions above.

Tom,
You can buy anything you need; the cable, the connector ends at the scanner, and the pins that go into those connectors. It is important that you ensure the RSB0071 will work the the unit you plan to connect it to. The RSB number is just the main case number of the gear box. In this case it is a 24" dome. BUT, it doesn't mean the electronics are what you need. For example if your NavNet Vx2 display is a 10.4" and this scanner came from your friend's 7" unit, it won't work even if you wire it up. 7" radar scanners are not compatible with the 10.4" units and vice versa. To check compatibility you need the RTR number. (receiver/transmitter) You will find that as part of the FCCid number listed on the scanner. (last few digits) It will say RTRxxx. If you can provide that number and which size display (or model number) you are planning to use; I would gladly look up any part numbers you wish/need.

The last 4 are RTR057 for the dome.

The unit has the track ball model # RDP-149.

Will it work??

YES!

The RDP149 using the RSB0071-057 would be what we call the 1834C (if Navionics mapping) or 1834C/NT (if C-map).

Here is a direct link to the product. You will find the scanner cables and part numbers under accessories. We offer different lengths.

http://furunousa.com/Products/ProductDe ... t+Plotters

If you don't need the scanner cable, but just some of the bits and pieces, let me know what you need and I will look up the numbers for you. You will find the pin-out drawing on page S-1 of the install manual. (under the Manuals & Docs tab of the product page)

You the man Johnny!!

So I need the following connectors ONLY!!

9-pin connector:
to J801 on MD-9208
4-pin connector:
to J802 on MD-9208
13-pin connector:
to J611 on IF-9214A

I already ran the cable and its ready to go. The pins on the wires are in good shape and all attached so I only need the plugs themselves. If you look on page 1-14 you will see the plugs I need. Hope this helps. Let me know where I can go an buy them..

Thanks Tom

Also is there any programming that needs to be done, or is it plug an play?

Tom

It is always a good idea to update the programming of your display, but no matter what the radar will be supported.

Here are the part numbers:

9-pin connector: to J801 on MD-9208 (VH9)
P/N 000-505-893

4-pin connector: to J802 on MD-9208 (VH4)
P/N 000-505-887

13-pin connector:to J611 on IF-9214A (NH13)
P/N 000-505-610

If you need pins for the connectors, the part numbers are
VH pins 000-100-049
NH pins 000-505-493

Thanks Johnny.

I have ordered the parts. Who can I call if I need assistance with the programming??

Tom

Expect a call. I think I want to reset everything anyway since I am a new user

Tom

iS THERE ANYWAY i CAN C0NNECT A USED RDP 148 T0 A BRAND NEW RSB 0071- 057 ? i SEE IN THE MANUAI SAYS RTR 058 BUT,I CAN' T I0CATE A USED 1834C/NT IS THERE AN0THER VX2 0PTI0N I SURE W0UID APPRECIATE Y0UR HEIP ,THERE ARE 2 MEMBERS 0F THIS F0RUM WH0 ASKED QUESTI0NS SIMUIAR T0 MINE, THIS IS MY FIRST P0ST AND,WITH S0ME STICKEY KEYS i H0PE THIS IS CEAR THANK Y0U

Chinster,

you can not install a rdp148 to RSB0071-057
The dome must be a RSB0071-058.

Regards,

Mr.Radar

Back