FR2120

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick

Furuno Super Fan
Hello,

I`m looking for help with Furuno FR2120 25kW radar. I`m repairing radars but in this case i can`t find error.
The radar shuts down by itself, or maybe it better say, protect itself because of something. I think that the problem is in modulator board (MD9009). Usually shuts down for about 25 minutes on the long pulse, and for about one hour on the shortest pulse. On stand-by everything is ok. That is a reason why I`m suspecting that the modulator isn`t ok. I cannont find circuit diagram for modulator board and even for trigger board. Is it here anyone who can help?

Thanks in advance
Nick

Hello Nick,
You may have a problem with the modulator or the trigger board, or maybe another part of the TR. However, if I had to guess I would pick the power supply in the display, not the modulator or the trigger board. You can check TP1 on the power supply for +12vdc. If it is over 13vdc, you can get the problem described in your email. Over 13vdc indicates that the caps on the power supply are leaking, usually the small electrolytic caps on the daughter boards. We do not provide the schematics for the modulator or the trigger board in the service manual. Those boards along with the SPU board are considered confidential. If you are considering sending a part back for repair, send both the TR and the power supply so they can be tested together.

Regards,
Birdman

Birdman":iqfxr2ke said:
We do not provide the schematics for the modulator or the trigger board in the service manual. Those boards along with the SPU board are considered confidential. If you are considering sending a part back for repair, send both the TR and the power supply so they can be tested together.

Regards,
Birdman

Thank You Birdman for You reply. I don`t even have circuit diagrams for PCT9105, PTU9108. I have only AD100, HV board, AD and DC protection boards from a display unit. Is it possible to download non-confidential schematics from somewhere?
So You recommend that I send TR, SPU + power supply boards (AC and DC) for repair?

Thank You in advance,
Nick

Birdman":2iza25ra said:
Hello Nick,
You may have a problem with the modulator or the trigger board, or maybe another part of the TR. However, if I had to guess I would pick the power supply in the display, not the modulator or the trigger board. You can check TP1 on the power supply for +12vdc. If it is over 13vdc, you can get the problem described in your email.
Regards,
Birdman

Which TP1? +12VDC on TP1 is on PCT-9106, and PCT-9107, and maybe somewhere where I don`t have diagrams? Do You mean on DC power board PTU-9108?

Thanks
Nick

Hi Birdman,

today I measured +11.90 VDC on DTB-2 on terminal 6. Also, I noticed two resistors on modulator PCB which are not good. That resistors are burnt (cutoff). I can`t see values (captions are erased) but I suppose that are both 100 KOhms/3Watts, because the same resistors are on HV side in the display unit. Can You tell me for what purpose are that resistors exactly? I replaced them, but the radar shuts off itself again.

Thanks

Hello, I'm having a similar need. I'm trying to fix a pct-9106. I wonder if you got the schematics, and if so. Could hang it to me?

Thanks

This is a commercial radar product and not discussed on this consumer Light Marine Forum. The parent company does not release schematics other than those already supplied in the manuals; even to dealers. For any support needs on this commercial product, please contact the Furuno distributor in your area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back