vx2 compatibility with radone???

R

Rick1-2

Hello, i have a 1731 radar with the 24 radone on my boat and my brother in law just gave me a vx2 with a 4 ft open array antenna, for my boat that thing is huge, so i was wondering if i can use my radone on the vx2, i already noticed that the connection inside my antenna has 3 plugs and one ground and the wire for the vx2 to connect to the antenna has 4 plugs no ground, but just wondering if there’s a way, id hate to get rid of it

thanks in advance

thank u johnny for the reply, what radome models would be compatible with the 10.4 in unit? and where would i find the model number on the radome

again thanks johnny

The radome will have an RSB# and a federal FCC id#. A part number of the dome is a combination of the full RSB# and then a dash and the last three digits of the FCC id.

There are many domes and open array units compatible with the 10.4". All of the ones they originally sold with and a few others. You will find many of them posted under this forum topic area. The typical 24" dome that was used with the Vx2 10.4" was the RSB0071-057.

thanks johnny, if i was to install the rdp 149 can a garmin gps be linked with it or it can only be furuno

Any GPS that can provide standard NMEA 0183 data sentences will work. You would still need the proper cable to connect up to the NavNet. Be careful because Garmin has many GPS units that only talk propriety Garmin.

Back