Vx2 GPS to router via Ethernet

G

Grand65

I have all my vx2's (4) going thru routers. Thus you can choose any display on any piece of equipment. I am wondering which pin on the Ethernet / router connection has the gps in and out? I am wanting to send the gps signal to another piece of equipment.

Routers should not be used with the Vx2, only hubs/switches should be used for interconnection. The Furuno network data isn't something standard that you can draw GPS data from without a proper Software Development Kit (SDK). If you need to send out GPS data, it would be done via one of the available NMEA 0183 ports off of your display unit.

Some how I have my GPS from the GPS unit to my router. Which is then split via two routers one below and one above to 4 VX2's. All 4 units are tied into the router's and share data between each other including radar, gps, depth, camera etc. The router are connected by a braided cat 5 shielded etc.

My mistake is that if say the gps goes bad.. Which just happen to me all gps was lost. So now I am going to split the systems into port and starboard. Two gps, two vx2's on each side, two depths etc. On my other post was looking into sharing the PA speaker, AIS via router from the VHF radio.. just to eliminate additional wiring. I am also looking into upgrade the Furuno systems. They have worked extremely well.

Any thoughts on the colors of the Ethernet into and out of the router to tie the VHF Ais, Pa, Fog Horn? Reasoning is wiring to the external speaker.

Found it. From the Hub or I use a router with eitheret connections. Its the orange and the orange white which will send gps data to my vhf radios. Off to another project. Thanks to all and especially Johnny E

Back