Chart data for Navionics Gold Vx2

S

Salmonbelly

I recently purchased a 2005 boat with a Furuno 1944C MFD with Navnet vx2 Navionics Gold SD card slot. There was no SD card with the system. I have updated the software and the screen now confirms 195002304.01. I have inserted a Navionics SD card MSD/12XG-3, but no map data is showing. Under Card Slot it says "NG (Create)". Any suggestions?

As discussed on this forum, Navionics no longer makes any card that is compatible with the Vx2. Users wanting wanting new charts should discuss conversion to C-map Max with their dealers. Navionics programming will will work with older chips roughly 2013 or older. Newer chips are too large a size and exceed the requirements set for the Vx2.

Thanks for your response. Can this Vx2 be reprogrammed to accept C-map? How big a SD card can this model accept? Does a C-map conversion need a physical modification or only a software conversion?

The C-map conversion is software not hardware. It is best to send it in to our Camas facility.
Once completed the unit will accept C-Map cards with coverage for an entire coast of the US.

Salmonbelly-
I want to be clear that the C-Map MegaWide cards will not work, but their normal wide cards will. As an Example, a wide card will contain the entire East Coast from Maine through Florida.

Hi Melville,

When you stated that "The C-map conversion is software not hardware", I assuming that when you mention software that you mean the operating system, and not the chart mapping software.

My understanding is that Furuno can only update the operating system on the VX2, not convert the charts themselves.

Yes, we can not convert the chart cards. You would need to purchase new ones.

Back