RDP139 Networking Port Failure

S

sainted

I've got a RDP139 whose network port has failed. Though when plugged into a 10baseT switch, the link active light is illuminated, when I attempt to "ping" it, I get no response. If I ping another display on the same network, I do get a response. The reason for testing this way, of course, is that the RDP is not communicating with other devices on the network, although it is operating normally otherwise.

So. Is it possible to replace the networking chip that seems likely to have failed? Is the "logic" board that has the failed component on it available as a spare part?

Thanks for any wisdom provided.

Be careful that you are not letting a straight or null network cable (depending on the full path taken) mess up your ping test. You should be pinging the IP address in which the unit is setup for. (typically one of 4 addresses; 172.031.003.001 -thru 172.031.003.004). If your network board is indeed bad; it can be ordered from any authorized Furuno dealer. (p/n 000-524-000)

Johnny, thanks for the quick reply. I, too, was wary of a cable problem, so I swapped cables between the responsive device and the unresponsive one, and the problem stayed the same. I'll order a btw network board. Thanks for the part number.

Best regards, Scott

Back