How to connect a navnet 1 to a vx2

K

kingfish

Hello,I have a RDP-149,BFF1 sounder,and a radar unit.
How would I go about connecting a GD 1900C to the RPD-149?
Thanks

Kingfish,

You will need some additional cables and an Ethernet Switch (hub). A four port Netgear Hub will be sufficient. Each NavNet and the BBFF1 will get the below cables.

(3) 000-154-049 NavNet 6-Pin to 6-Pin Network Cables. These cables will connect to the below cables that will then go into the Hub.

(3) 000-144-463 NavNet Hub Adapter Cables. These cables will be used to take the 6-Pin data to a RJ45/Ethernet connection.

Please note that the RDP149 will not share chart data with the GD1900 so you will have to have chart cards in each unit. Also, the GD1900 does not have the ability to show AIS information.

StoneFly

Thank you for the info.is there a ethernet hub that will run off 12v? and where to get the cables at a good price?

StoneFly":3pccj9gy said:
Kingfish,

You will need some additional cables and an Ethernet Switch (hub). A four port Netgear Hub will be sufficient. Each NavNet and the BBFF1 will get the below cables.

(3) 000-154-049 NavNet 6-Pin to 6-Pin Network Cables. These cables will connect to the below cables that will then go into the Hub.

(3) 000-144-463 NavNet Hub Adapter Cables. These cables will be used to take the 6-Pin data to a RJ45/Ethernet connection.

Please note that the RDP149 will not share chart data with the GD1900 so you will have to have chart cards in each unit. Also, the GD1900 does not have the ability to show AIS information.

StoneFly

Is there a diagram that I could see where these cables connect ?

Kingfish,

Please see attached document for reference.

StoneFly

Attachments

• NavNet Connections.PNG
    NavNet Connections.PNG
    221.3 KB · Views: 2,649
I got both units in the boats but I'm having issues.The Both units are working with the bff1 but the rear navnet isn't picking up GPS data.I have tried everything in the manual to make them communicate with no luck.

The front unit has been loosing gps signal constantly.I have a GP32 receiver on board also and when I turn that unit off my navnet does not loose the signal.
The antenna's are mounted pretty close to each other,Is this why Im loosing the signal?

It sounds like the NavNets are using a NMEA smart antenna and not the GP32. I would recommend calling our tech support because it is easy to develop a data loop if you don't configure the displays correctly. They can also talk you through some test of the smart antenna to ensure it is working. If it has problems; you can always wire the data from the GP32 into the NavNets.

Back