NavNet VX2 Radar

A

Anonymous

My navnet vx2 1724 radar has suddenly stopped scanning and only displays a "frozen" image on the screen. It also has stopped displaying radar image completely on networked Navnet VX1 display. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

I would recommend disconnecting the radar and trying the display without the radar and see if it still locks up.

Thanks. To be clear, the other displays (charts, FF) do not lock up. the 1724 unit functions properly (other than occasional over heating--a long standing problem which existed before current problem) i will try disconnecting radar cable but not sure what this will tell me.

I pulled cover off radar dome this past weekend. Radar antenna is no longer turning when radar is in TX mode. I guess this explains why image on screen does not change. Everything inside radome looks fine with no visible damage or corrosion. Not sure where i go from here other than replace radome.

You could disconnect the cable at both ends and ohm it out to ensure the cable it good. If it is, then the unit should be evaluated because it could be the dome or display. I wouldn't replace the dome without knowing for sure it is bad.

Back