added dff1 and b260 to vx2....couple of issues

A

Anonymous

NavNet VX2
Added DFF1 and a 1kw B260 transducer.

I am having a temp readout issue as follows:

There are two choices of large or small for the readouts located on the bottom of the sonar screen. The temp readout does not display anything other than ---- although I can see temp readings when going through the setup process....It just will not display when I back out of setup to the main sonar screen.

If you choose the large setting it almost completely blocks the depth readout on the bottom left corner of the screen....

I have a 2 second green blinking light. I did choose temp and time to be displayed on the main sonar screen.

If I choose the small readouts, I think you have six options that you can choose to view. If I choose six, I can only see about 4.

I have DIP switches 1 and 4 down and 2 and 3 up.

I used the blue cable from the dff1 to the network port on the back of the vx2.

Where am I screwing up?

I would like to see the temp and I would like to choose large and it now cover up my depth reading on the lower left hand corner of the screen.

Thanks,
Tom

temp picture

Attachments

• IMG_1864.JPG
    IMG_1864.JPG
    534.6 KB · Views: 1,138
Your sounder dips are set correctly and if you get sounder bottom displayed then the cabling is fine. What is your temp source setup for in your Nav Source settings menu?

Odd because normally when ETR is selected, it wont show up at the Sensor setup screen you had displayed. Normally only NMEA data shows there.

When turning on data boxes they can be moved around and it possible that someone moved boxes on top of each other. If you have a data box over the depth overlay number on your sounder, just move it. They are moveable. If the manual isn't explaining it well (which sometimes it doesn't) give us a call and we can talk you through it.

Back