Primary Display Not Providing a Picture

Skipjack2005

I have a Furuno NavNet VX2 10" primary display and an 8" remote "slave" display. The primary display stopped providing a picture, although the unit is still on and I get beeps whenever any button is pushed. The remote display continues to operate properly. Please note that the remote display does not work when the primary display is turned off. This is what confirms that the primary display is on, just not providing a picture. I am using GPS, a 1000W sounder and a 1934C radar. Any ideas where the problem may be?

It sounds like the slave radar source is setup incorrectly. What is the radar source set to in the slave? It is most likely a setup configuration error. You might call into our tech support while in front of the unit to help troubleshoot it.

I may not have explained the problem correctly. The primary display was operating with the plotter and the sonar. The secondary "slave" display is used out in the cockpit and was not even connected when the primary picture disappeared. The primary display was still on, it did not shut down, but there was no picture. I then connected the secondary display and it operated correctly. The two displays are networked and the secondary display only works if the primary display is on. I am guessing that there is some type of problem in the primary display which is an RDP-149. Is there a circuit board that operates the picture on the display that could be experiencing a problem?

It could be the main display is dimmed down in night mode or the LCD has gone bad. You can call tech support at 410-479-4420 or 360-834-9300.

Back