1944C Navnet VX2 Data Cable

A

Anonymous

I was hoping not to have to buy another cable....I have two Furuno units...GP33 and a RDP-149 for radar and chartplotter. I have my autopilot connected to the GP33 now and want to move it to be controlled by the 1944C. The Furuno lists four different NMEA cables.

Can you tell me which cable to purchase to hook my autopilot into the data 1 slot on back of the RDP-149 display and what colors to hook up to a Raymarine ST5000 Plus autopilot?

I was hoping just to unplug the nmea from the back of the gp33 and plug into the rdp-149....doesn't fit. different cable end.

Thanks
ts

Hi Johnny:
I cannot find that data anywhere in the manual, but here are the directions you have me to hook up the same autopilot to my other furuno gp33:

Furuno Radar 1942 MK2 connection to Furuno GP33
radar yellow to gp33 white +
radar green to gp33 blue -
It can be spliced in with autopilot if the ap needs
the same colors.
I can hook up 2nd nmea 0183 connection to autopilot
heading output. Furuno white + and black is -. Part
000-154-054.

I put a newer RDP 149 display and now want to use that gps to control the autopilot...thus the need for a new cable as the current nmea plugged into the back of the gp33 will not fit into data 1 of the rdp 149.

Thanks
ts

The GP33 follows the established NMEA standard (RS422) so you will need a level converter (RS422 to RS232) to work with that pilot. I have seen some ray pilots have RS422 NMEA inputs on the back of the pilot control head. Customers have wired there, instead of to the processor, and made it work.

Back