RDP139 No Heading Pulse, No Bearing Pulse

A

Anonymous

I was trying to clean up the wiring under the helm and disconnected the antenna cable from the power supply. It had some corrosion and was difficult to remove. The connector in the power supply turned about 1/4 inch. I retightened the jam nut and was able to get the nut loose. Once the nut was loose, I had to pull/pry it off of the connector

After putting it back together, I get a "No Heading Pulse Detected" and a "No Bearing Pulse Detected" alarm.

I assume that I may have broken a wire(s) when disconnecting.

So, how far can the connector turn inside the power supply before becoming a problem?

If it is the cable, is there a way to repair or splice on a new cable end. I could buy a new cable, but the I am not fond of the idea of fishing it up to the tower.

Thanks,

Blaine

My mistake, the display is an RDP149 and the power supply is a PSU005.

Thanks,

Blaine

The PSU005 radar connector goes directly into the main board of the power supply. If you turned it, the pins been damaged and most likely shorting/touching. The unit would need to be evaluated for repair.

How do I go about sending it in for evaluation? Assume I would need a return authorization.

Thanks,

Blaine

No return authorization needed. Send the unit into our US service center:

Furuno Service
4400 NW Pacific Rim Blvd.
Camas WA 98607

Include your contact info and what the problem is. They will evaluate it and contact you for options and billing.

Back