2006 NavNet vx2

A

Anonymous

Hi All,
I am new to these forums and have a question about the NavNet vx2 and its chart cards. I purchased an upgrade card that is 16gb and the rep at landfallnavigation told me that it would be OK. FAT32 is good up to 4 gigs however, I see a lot of posts on here saying that cards need to be 2gb max. Will this card work or do I need to cancel and get the 2gb card? Thank you,
Preston

Proph-

Are you referring to an SD card with charts? If so please let us know which one and is it C-Map or Navionics.

Hey. Thanks for the response.

Yes it is an SD Navionics card with charts. I haven't looked into whether or not the unit will need a software update to run the new charts.

Customer memory cards (for upgrades and storage) must be 2GB or less for the Vx2 regardless of programming. A 16 GB will not work. 2GB cards are plenty big enough for backup files and doing upgrades. They normally cost about $4 from companies like newegg.com, TigerDirect.com etc..

The Navionics 16g cards will not work for you.
While Navionics had maintained special order XL9 chips (Gold) for select USA areas. (1XG is not compatible), but this is no longer the case.

While you might be able to find a 2g XL9(Gold) chip on the internet it will not be an updated version. Your best bet is to have your vx2 converted to a C-Map version as they still support the cards for older NavNet vx2.

Back