RDP-149 software update

A

Anonymous

HI,
I'll like to add a AIS on a RDP-149 unit but the software is very old. Where can I get the update. Unit use CMap and is worrking very good.

Here the info serial 4326-2482
Actual version is 195002401.06
I'm planning to use the port 2 on the unit in NMEA 0183
Port is use by the deep sounder, Do I need a MUX box ?
Many thanks to reply, I would like to keep the unit.

If you are using AIS via 0183, you MUST use data 2. It is the only port that will accept AIS unless you have a Furuno "Network" AIS unit.

Your software is very old. The software on our website will not work for you. Please PM me your e-mail address and I will send you special software that can upgrade your unit to the current 4.03 software.

A Furuno network sounder would use the "Network port". If your data 2 is currently in use with a standalone sounder sending over NMEA 0183 data; you must move it. You can NOT use a MUX. Data 2, once connected to AIS becomes an AIS port ONLY. You can not input other data or use the data 2 output.

Hi Johnny Electron,

I have made several tests and update the software in 4.03! Thanks
Port 2 is use by the auto-pilot 500, still trying to set up an AIS with NMEA 2000 and 0183 output. Question, where can I hook up my AIS, If I unplug the autopiot and hookup the AIS on port 2 at 38400, I can see the AIS triangles, but I dont have autopilot...Can I hookup the AIS on the Autopilot NMEA input ? Also is the free connection behind the Autopîlot 500 head is usable for something ? I need to setting up a NMEA 2000 network to bring a remote on a fusion radio. Anyway to hookup the RDP-149 to this NMEA 2000 network too ? Is those useful for me ? NGW-1: NMEA 2000 Gateway,
I don't know well Furuno equiments, why it's not possible to install a MUX on port 2 ?
Thanks to reply

The RDP-149 only accepts AIS via Furuno network (using Furuno AIS units) or via NMEA 0183 on data port 2. If you use data 2 for AIS, you can NOT use it for your pilot. Using AIS, it becomes an AIS input port only. You would need to put the AIS to another NavNet display or move the pilot to another suitable/available port.

So i'm stuck now...a MUX with a 38400 output on port 2 with the autopilot on a 4800 port input and output and the AIS on 38400 on the other input won't works, I'm loosing my time to try that ? I only have port 4 free on the RDP 149...

Thanks

Port 4 of the RDP-149 has a RS232 output designed for a PC. It is possible to use a NMEA converter and run the pilot from there. If using NMEA AIS; it has to do into data 2. If you are running out of ports, you might consider connecting a NMEA expander to data 4 like a Noland Engineering XP15. It will accept your RS232 NMEA and give you 4 RS422 outputs and 1 RS232 output.

Back