Updating RPU-015 + DFF1

A

Anonymous

I have a VX2 BB RPU-015 with sn 4324-8287.
Current firmware is 4.01.07.
I see there is version 4.03. Is it worth doing it?

I'm having some problems with the DFF1 connected to it. Is it possible to check and update the DFF1 firmware through the BB?

On my other boat the DFF1 was updated through the MFDBB (navnet 3d) and problem was solved.

GeorgeZ,

If you are using any of the newer version CMAP charts and you if want to add the AIS SART Symbols, then yes I would upgrade the RPU015's software from V.4.01.07 to the latest version of V.4.03.07.

In regards to checking and updating the software on your DFF1 through the RPU015. Unfortunately, this cannot be done with the RPU015, it doesn't have that capability.

I hope this answers your questions.

- Deep Blue :)

I tried to update the RPU015 using files from "NNVX2 Black Box C-Map Software ver 4.03.zip" but got nowhere.
SD card is formatted as FAT (not FAT32) with only the 3 files on the root of the card.
I have one beep when I power up and then nothing else is happening - black screen forever ...

I've tried few times while also checking CR1 led with the same disappointing results.
Ideas?

Regarding the DFF1 - I suspect that I can connect it to my other boat and upgrade it through the MFDBB.

George,

What size SD Card are you using..? As the SD Card cannot be larger than a 2GB, and the Zip File must be extracted on a PC. Then you can click and drag the files onto the SD Card.

You can upgrade the DFF1's software through a MFDBB.

-Deep Blue

When I used a 2Gb SD card the update worked. (Previous SD was 4Gb.)
After the upgrade I did a sounder reset from the relevant menu and so far everything seems OK.

My DFF1 has program 0252353-02.01. Is it worth the hassle to move it to my other boat and update it?

George,

The latest DFF1 V.2,04 software version gives you improved “Bottom Level” from 0 to -20. This will improve the bottom detection capabilities for any interior mounted transducers.

If you are interested in bottom fishing, then I would do this software upgrade on your DFF1.

- Deep Blue :)

Back