Navnet vx2 1834c antenna diag HELP

A

Anonymous

:? OK so i recently installed a navnet vx2 system on a friends boat, this was a used system but was working on the previous vessel just fine,this system has 3 plotters and a sounder networked together, Everything powers up fine the sounder/transducer work great but the radar antenna will not rotate, after start up and warm up i can switch the plotter from stand by to transmit but nothing happens..... can anyone give me a few diagnostic pointers like where to check for powers grounds signals ect... Any help at all would be great thank you all in advance!

Garrett,

A. Was the radar Dome/Gearbox originally part of the Navnet system..?

B. Are you receiving any type of a "Bearing Missing/Signal Error" message when you try to transmit with the radar..?

C. Are you using the original radar cable/assy, and could it be possibly damaged..?

D. Have you re-done all the Installation Settings for the Radar System..?

Even after all that, you still might need to contact our Technical Support at 360-834-9300 to help you walk through this issue.

- Deep Blue

Yes all the components are origonal they where all installed on the previous boat at the same time. the only error message i am getting is a NO BEARING PULSE on one of the plotters... i have not re done any settings, should i re set all of the displays and start from scratch?

Garrett,

If you are getting a "No Bearing Pulse" warning, then it's an indication that the interconnect cabling is shorted somewhere. I would re-check all the connections and see if there is a broken wiring or connector.

Deep Blue.

I have re checked all of the connections if there is a broken wire its not at any of the connectors or at least not visible , so i will pull the harness again and test with a meter, Any idea where i could find a diagram of that harness??

Back