Find my software

A

Anonymous

Hi,
I am trying to locate my last software available, and I am struggling to know which is my model.
My serial number is 4345-9456

10.4 inches, radome, but I don't know how big the radome is or how many miles. I dont know either the LED backlit software is the one I should use.

Thanks in advance.

Elv.

ellabres":1lwgy6jx said:
Hi,
I am trying to locate my last software available, and I am struggling to know which is my model.
My serial number is 4345-9456

10.4 inches, radome, but I don't know how big the radome is or how many miles. I dont know either the LED backlit software is the one I should use.

Thanks in advance.

Elv.

Ellabres,

I have checked the serial number that you provided, and found the system that you have is a 1824C S/N 4345-9456 and it was sold to Furuno France back in 2009. So the LCD/ASSY in the unit is the CCFL type.

When you first power on the unit and its on the: "Hydrographic Office Screen", you can see what software version is currently installed in the unit,

like this:

NAVNET.jpg

Please note that the last five digits of the Program Number is the software version currently installed in the unit, And this will help you determine what is the latest software version that you need to download into the unit.

Hope you find this information helpful.

Deep Blue - ;)

Hello again.
Thanks for your response
This is my version.
image.jpg

Which version should I update to?
Thx.
Elv

Ellabres,

I would go ahead and upgrade the unit's software with the CCFL Version 04.03,07

And be sure to download all your waypoint and data information to another SD Card first, before upgrading the unit's software to the current version. If you have any questions, you can always contact Furuno Technical Support at 360-834-9300 and they can walk you through the process.

Good Luck..!

Deep Blue - :wink7

Thanks for the info.
I tried to do it, but I must be missing something.
I have a SDcard.
I have downloaded the zip file and unziped it.
This is the name of the file I downloaded: NNVX2 10.4 Inch LED Backlit Software ver 4.03.zip
This are the files when I unzipped
M1944CC.BIN
X1944CCB.bin
X1944CCL.sys

I put them in the root (no folder) and the card was exFAT format.

What am I missing?

When I put it in the card reader (where the charts SD is placed normally) and turned it on, nothing happened. No beep, no nothing.

Thank you in advance.
I live in Bermuda right now, so calling is not that easy.

Elv.

The instructions require FAT file format, exFat is for larger cards which will not work with the Vx2. The card must be 2GB or LESS. If you have problems finding cards, www.newegg.com normally have them for around $5 and normally free shipping.

Back