NavNet vx2 & GP-320B

A

Anonymous

Having issues with the GPS data.
Went thru the setups again and all seems fine, however no GPS Status (no fix), can't access the GPS page to clear memory (just beeps), when selecting the Furuno BB GPS as input device, numerous beeps from system until "clear" button pressed and Lat/Long not displayed.
Re-selecting "All" as device allows Lat/Long data to be displayed again.
Seems like the GP-320B is no longer communicating.

John

Yes the NavNet Vx2 was upgraded from the NN1 (have NN1 also).

See images from packing box, not currently at boat.

The literature makes references to the GP-310B throughout, should the GP-320B be easily substituted (upgraded version)?

Attachments

• IMG_20170104_095934.jpg
    IMG_20170104_095934.jpg
    581.8 KB · Views: 3,281
  • IMG_20170104_100120.jpg
    IMG_20170104_100120.jpg
    924.7 KB · Views: 3,281
I have to agree with you. It sounds like the GPS isn't being seen by the Vx2 as a GP320B (BBWGPS). Although as you say, it is most likely something with the GPS, it could be that the GPS isn't plugged into the correct port. The 10.4" unit has two 7 pin connections (data 1 and data 4). The unit is only designed to talk to the GP320B on data 1. Please ensure that the GPS is on data 1 and that you are running the most current software in the Vx2 (4.03 for C-map)

Hi Everyone

Realise this is an old thread.

I have similar issues with vx2 and no position shown. What host name is the FI-3005 server? I can see the VX2 unit is Navnet 4. Is there any fast way to determine whoch device is on what host name?

Here is a complete description of the problem (cross posted to cruising forums)

My boat is currently Sydney based. My Furuno VX2 stooped tracking position recently. After a power off it appeared to be fine. A few days ago it stopped again and a re-power didn't resolve it.

I stupidly did a full reset and now it doesn't see the charts and still doesn't have GPS position which is the core issue.

My on board network is Furuno gp-32 GPS (working fine), Navnet FI3005 server (appears to be working fine), VX2 plotter, a couple of FI30 instruments showing boat speed and wind fine.

I have checked the settings I am familiar with and the Nav source is set to all. If i go into the data transfer I have tried to set host name to Navnet1-4 with no appreciable changes. If I select the port monitor, it shows nothing.

I have checked all the wiring and there is nothing obvious I can see. The GP-32 is showing position and tracking perfectly.

I have rung a few so called "furuno experts" to be told they can look at it, but will likely need to call support in Brisbane. My experience in the past has been, anyone who says they know and then wants to call support, doesn't actually know. So I don't want to waste a day of time and incur the expense for a guy to learn his way around.

Was hoping someone on the forum here may have had similar issues and has some idea on what to do.

Many Thanks

David

HI

Thanks for the reply.

Here is my diagram after several hours of tracing wires. Why doesn't the marine industry label stuff? If each cable just had a label on it saying "to plotter" or "to pilot" things would be a lot faster. Anyway just my navy background kicking in I think :)

Anyway this is my best guess. Only part I could trace was the cable which I think oges to the pilot. The harness is too tight to determine what goes where and one end disappears into a conduit with many others. So I am guessing this is the destination.

Many Thanks

David

Attachments

• Wiring Diagram-resized.jpg
    Wiring Diagram-resized.jpg
    253.8 KB · Views: 3,151
Hi

Can anyone advise me what the host name should be for the FI-3005?

Thanks
David

So from the drawing you have a GP32 not a GP320B?

Looking at your drawing it reflects the GP32 white wire going to pin 9 of the FI-3005, is that correct?

Furuno USA never sold the FI-30 instrument series so you might want to talk to the distributor where it was originally purchased but I am pretty sure the NMEA data shouldn't go to the 12v.

Thanks for the reply and apologies for the gap.

You are quite correct I read the connectors incorrectly due to parallex error at the angle of view. It actually goes to 10 and 11, not 9 & 10.

Anyway issue solved, turned out to be the multiplexer. This has been taken out of the circuit and now things nearly working correctly. At least I have position now, will make a new thread for the other issues.

Thanks Again

David

Back