Navionis for RDP149

A

Anonymous

Good morning

I have an RDP149 with Navionics nautical charts of the year 2000.
I want to update the Navioncs charts for the South America region, I have the problem that the RDP149 has capacity limit in 2MB.
Is this correct?
Can I expand the RDP149's capacity?
You can tell me what to do to update the RDP 149 nautical charts?

From now, thank you for your attention.

Sebastian

The Vx2 units were sold to support either Navionics Gold XL9 maps, or C-map NT+ or Max.
It depends on how the unit was programmed at purchase. Yours was programmed for Navionics. Yes, the hardware of the VX2 is designed to a max 2GB card. There is no upgrade.

Your problem is Navionics has stopped making Navionics Gold XL9 mapping. As products age chart companies do this sometimes when sales don't justify keeping older maps updated. It is just like how they stopped making the Navionics Classic maps years ago (2009) with the NN1.

C-map still sales maps for both the NN1 and Vx2. If you would like to get latest mapping the best option would be talk to your dealer about converting the unit to be C-map and get a new updated map from C-map Jeppesen.

That 2g max card size was what fooled me on backing up my vx2 waypoints. Just finding a card that small was my hardest problem to deal with. Lucky I had an old dead cell phone with a microSD still in it... :jump

Back